New dates! Sept 28-30, Oct 26-28
Come join me for a weekend gathering of sacred storytelling through painting in my Prescott, Arizona Studio!!
I will be offering three Natural Pigment and Earth Friendly Products workshops this summer.
For thousands of years, we have used symbols and paint as a means to communicate. They are a universal language that we all recognize and understand on a subconscious level. In this workshop, we will interpret and decode personal and collective symbols to become the great modern day storytellers of our generation.
Nature has a Memory
Earth sourced pigments and pre-historic painting methods will help us reach back through the portals of time to remember and reclaim pieces of our inherent ancestral wisdom. Working with Gaia connects us to ALL nature and living things; past, present, AND future. The finished paintings will become Oracles and continual sources of ongoing communication and information.
I will guide you through a painting process using natural earth-based pigments and environmentally friendly products.
We will handcraft the paints and primitive tools used for this workshop using naturally sourced materials; feathers, leaves, soil and sacred waters from Sedona and Montezuma’s Well, as well as pigment powders from around the world.
What you will learn
- A brief history of natural earth pigments and historical color palettes
- How to make your own paints using naturally sourced, earth-friendly products
- How to create the primitive tools you will use for the workshop
- How to work with a 4 color palette (Fayum) in the beginning stages before moving on to more color for the final stages
- Various ways of texturing, mark making and adding sacred symbols and totems to your background
- How to use natural pigments safely and conscientiously
What is Included
- A 16 x 20 canvas
- All natural pigments, tools, and supplies needed for the workshop
- A list of paint and texture recipes
- A light lunch and snacks on both full days, beverages and chocolate!
- A fully equipped air-conditioned studio situated on 5 private acres with beautiful mountain views and access to National Forest
- Intimate small group setting limited to 5 women
- One on one support and group instruction
- Friday 4-6, meet and greet at Dreaming Tree Ranch Studios. We will enjoy light snacks and Champagne as we prepare our canvas’s with texture and our personal marks for the following day.*
- Saturday 10-4, opening ceremony, gesso our canvases, prepare our tools, add our grounding layers of earth color, participate in a guided meditation to connect with our ancestors, sketch out our vision, break for lunch, bring the vision to the canvas, outline, and block in our design, deepen the layers
- Sunday 10-3 layer symbols, deepen and develop our paintings, break for lunch, incorporate color, symbol and definition
- Spend time writing about our painting and receiving the message
- Share our story with the group
- Commence in sacred blessing and acknowledgment of our journey
*For those unable to attend Friday’s session, an assortment of prepared canvases will be available for you to select from.
Historic Prescott is located about 2 hours north of Phoenix and 1.5 hours south of Flagstaff, Arizona. There are several reasonably priced restaurants, hotels, and AirBNBs in Prescott and surrounding areas. Downtown Prescott has a charming hometown feel and is a great place to escape the summer heat.
I have space with water and electric for a small camper on my property if you are planning a road trip.
Hotel Vendome: https://www.vendomehotel.com/
I have been offering online classes and hands-on workshops for the past 3 years. I love to teach others and help them connect more deeply with their creative side. I use a variety of techniques and methods as a means to that end and my students come away with the knowledge and tools they need to make the techniques that I teach personal to their own unique style.
$100 non-refundable deposit**
- Balance will be due 1 week prior to Workshop and you will be invoiced 2 weeks before your Workshop begins
Please be sure to tell me which Workshop you are registering for in the ‘Instructions to the seller” box on Paypal
$25 discount for payment in full
Sign up here: $375 (payment in full)**
Sign up here $100 Deposit***
**Payment in full refunded less $100 if student cancels, full refund if host cancels
***$100 deposit refunded if host cancels workshop