Please join me for this 2 week live online painting course as will ride with the mythical messenger and companion of artists and muses alike! This magical journey of Horse Medicine will take us to the stars and back.
Wild, untamed, graceful, fluid, sentient, and noble. Horses have long represented personal power and freedom to us, along with unhindered passion, strong intuition, and the ability to move along pathways from the underworld to the higher realms.
Understanding the way of Horses can teach us how to move through our lives with natural ease and fluidity-while retaining our wild, feminine, spirited nature and curiosity.
Horses also teach us about the powerful dynamics of the Herd, and of moving in harmony and unison with each other to achieve our goals.
As a bridge between the worlds, the Spirit of Horse leads us to drink deeply from ancestral waters and shows us how to merge this rich wisdom into our present-day lives.
Over the course of 2 weeks, you will be given a total of 9 fully downloadable lessons and pdf’s which you can keep forever.
There will be a live Facebook support group in which sharing and participation are encouraged, and I will offer my full support for 3 weeks.
In this course we will:
- Access deep ancestral wisdom and learn how it applies to our present-day lives
- Learn how to define and hold space for our long-term visions and dreams by allowing Horse to show us how to see “the big picture” from a non-predatory perspective
- Practice embodying the intuitive nature of horses so that we can deepen this aspect of our lives and navigate with clarity and purpose
- Examine the deep connection between horses and feminine principles
- Create a beautifully textured background for your primitive painting
- Practice the ancient art of cave painting by using some methods and techniques that were in use 30,000 years ago
- Learn how to use transparency techniques to create luminous paintings infused with light and translucency
- Learn to use light, shadow, and shape to paint a limited color palate painting of a horse
- Create your Spirit Horse painting which will incorporate personal symbols, emblems, and translucent effects
- Use a step by step tutorial on drawing a front and side view of a horse’s head
- Have a Facebook group where your sharing and participation will be encouraged and supported by me for 3 weeks!
- On Sept 3rd – Our private FB Sanctuary opens and I will add you in so be sure that we are Facebook friends. I will be fully available through September 27. Although I encourage your participation in the live group, it is optional. Feel free to follow the lessons at your own pace.
- On September 6th you will receive an email with access to the course and first week of lessons.
- On September 13th you will receive an email with access to the second set of lessons
- All videos and lessons are downloadable and you can have them for life!
- This class is suitable for beginner and intermediate painters alike
Download Materials List.
YES! I’m IN! Sign me up for the early bird price of just $77
(tuition will be $99 after August 30)
Your Horse Medicine Guide: Ree Altavilla
I have always been drawn to horses, and ever since I can remember I have carried a deep love for them in my heart. Throughout my childhood, I managed to trade ranch chores for rides, and I drew them constantly while neglecting my homework and school studies. I used to pretend I WAS a horse and galloped through my neighborhood whinnying and tossing my imaginary mane while snorting at danger and stomping my hoofs on the ground. I daydreamed about the day I would finally own a horse and imagined us flying off on amazing adventures and journeys together.
It wasn’t until adulthood however, that I was finally able to realize my dream of sharing my life with them. I was in my early thirties and recently divorced. I felt lost and directionless, alone and in full despair when the opportunity to own my own horse came to me in the form of a purebred, snow-white Arabian gelding named SR. Arniadis, Arnie for short. Suddenly, I knew that no matter what happened in my life, no matter what choices or decisions I would face, or what my future would hold, as long as I kept the room in my life for a horse everything would turn out for me.
That was 20 years ago and today I still follow my heart and go the way of the horse. I currently share my life with four beautiful, amazing horses. They are not merely pets that I own, they are my best companions, teachers, and healers.